Your roof is your first shield against different weather conditions, and with the harsh Texas weather, you roof is up for a challenge. To help you understand your roof better, here are the elements that affect its performance:
1. Sun – The sun’s rays come in different levels and make your shingles deteriorate faster. This happens mostly in warm climates like that in Texas.
2. Wind – Contractors attach your roofing in Bryan, TX, onto the roof deck using nails. Strong winds, however, can lift the exposed shingle parts and force water underneath.
3. Rain – When there are missing, cracked, or curling shingles, water can make its way underneath and damage the interior structure. This causes moisture-related issues like rot.
4. Condensation – This happens when warm air builds up inside your attic. This can lead to decaying wood sheathing and rafters. A high attic temperature can also cook your shingles from underneath.
5. Missing or torn shingles – When your contractor inspects your residential or commercial roofing in Dallas, TX, they always look for missing or torn shingles. This issue poses a risk for water damage and rot.
6. Missing or damaged flashing – Flashing keeps water at bay around the vents, chimneys, or wall junctions.
7. Damaged shingles – This type of shingles don’t have their waterproofing layer anymore, so they are more prone to damage. This can also lead to structural rot and decay.
Understanding what factors affect your roof’s performance helps you make an informed decision on what roofing service you will need. As the expert in residential and commercial roofing in Austin, TX, Lone-Star Roof Systems can inspect your system thoroughly. After assessing the state of your roof, we will recommend either repair or replacement.
We have years of experience working on different types of roofing materials, so rest assured that we will meet and exceed your expectations. If you need emergency repairs, we are also the contractors to call.
Call us at (855) 5220-0909 to learn more about our roofing services. You can also reach us through our contact form.