The roof of your commercial property is the building’s first line of defense against natural hazards in Bryan, Texas, like rain, wind, hail, and extreme heat. It is also the most vulnerable part of the structure. Every day, the roof is exposed to weather and other elements that may contribute to its wear and tear, increasing the risk of damage to the roof itself as well as the business assets housed inside the building.
Commercial Roof Maintenance Programs
Having a roof that protects your building starts with the design, selection of materials, and installation at the time a structure is built or renovated. As a practical business owner, you should see to it that your roof functions well to protect the building. That is why it is suggested that regular maintenance be carried out to maintain the integrity of your commercial roofing in Bryan TX.
GAF, North America’s largest roofing manufacturer, offered these tips on “managing your company’s roof”:
- Use life-cycle costing to assure maximum roof service life.
- Adapt a proactive roof maintenance protocol.
- Perform semi-annual roof inspections and repairs.
- Budget a minimum of $ .05 per square foot per year for preventative maintenance (beginning in year #1).
- Budget $0.25 per square foot for a more extensive remedial restoration.
- Track all collateral building damage and incidental costs associated with leaking roofs.
- Show management how past collateral damage costs exceed the cost of implementing a roof maintenance and management program.
A typical maintenance program involves regular inspection, assessment, and recommendations for immediate repairs necessary. This is important because maintenance prolongs the life of the roof and eliminates the risk of costly damage. It is a sure way to reduce long-term costs.
The Best Maintenance and Roofing Services in Bryan TX
For your commercial roofing needs in the area, there is no other company that understands the needs of local business owners as much as we do at Lone-Star Roof Systems, LLC. That is why we offer the most extensive collection of scheduled roof maintenance programs and quality products from top manufacturers like GAF. Our team of professionals takes the necessary steps and develops maintenance plans that meet your annual budget schedule. So if you want a maintenance program for your commercial roofing, just give us a call at Lone-Star Roof Systems, and we’ll be happy to tell you more about it.
(Article Excerpt from Roofing Solutions: Reference Manual for Property Managers, Owners, Architects, and Specifiers—“How roof maintenance saves valuable dollars,” GAF.com, February 15, 2006)